Design Your Life - Building a Compass

During my first 12 WOL Circle, I want to I restart my career. First of all, I need clarity about the direction (I have tried a lot during the last years but I feel confused and lost when it comes to my next steps). To restart my career, I am systematically working on the Design Your Life book. In Chapter 2 (week 2) it is about building a compass and building a coherent life and combining the dots – Who am I, What I believe, What am I doing. 


The authors of DYL advice us to do the compass recalibration on a yearly basis. Also, anytime we change a situation, we need to first stop, check our compass and orient ourselves.

Writing about my lifeview and my workview should take max an hour. It took me days until I was able to formulate my beliefs. But I am happy I did it. 

Lifeview


I remember looking at my sleeping baby thinking: “She is beautiful. She is absolutely gorgeous. She is made out of love. Every fibre in her body, every cell in her small hands, every atom in her tiny hair is the expression of love materialized, manifested in this world. She came here through, with, within and for the sake of love.” After thinking these thoughts about my dear child, I was able to think that each and every one of us, in their essence, must be pure love as well… Exactly like her! We are made of that … matter. We are love become flesh. We are beautiful. Our bellybutton is the origin stamp on every single one of us saying: “created with love and care”. We are here because of and through an unconditional omnipresent and omnipotent love and generosity.

Yes, I believe there is a Creator. A Great Designer. How else can life unfold itself out of dead substance and elements? A sparkle of life is needed. A breath. It does not matter how long you rotate and reorganize atoms one can craft a robot, a body, but it is impossible to… enlighten life inside of it. No, imagine you put all the numerous tiny parts of a watch, e.g. in a slowly moving washing machine. Start it, for a… bajillion of years. Can you expect that at some point of time, without a designer, at the end, a greatly designed, one of its kind, perfectly compiled, branded watch will come out? Highly improbable. Not even a watch can organize itself by chance! Not to speak of the complexity of a one cell LIVING organism or a human being!

I believe the Creator is everywhere around us, in us, through us. That is why we cannot see Him. Physical, Emotional, Soul laws (e.g. gravity, law of attraction, “don’t kill”, ect.) rule the unity between Creator and creation. It makes it easier to go with the laws, know and accept them and not fight against them. That is called wisdom. Conformity with those laws gives us the feeling of being connected. We disconnect ourselves from the Creator, ourselves, others, the creation and become dull, arrogant and short-sighted and short-tempered whenever we ignore those laws.

I think that the whole Earth, all birds, grasses, animals, clouds, stones, the Milky Way, the whole Universe… are also love became visible. We are all one world. My pain is your pain. We feel same (with different intensity perhaps). Only when you are ok, I am ok. Only when I help you win, do I win. Taking care of your wellbeing presupposes my wellbeing. This goes for grasses, animals, air… the whole Creation is connected with us and I can only thrive when I take care of what is around me. A successful person is one who helps others become healthier, more peaceful and accepting, less fearful, more helping, more open, more loving and friendly, more (inter-) connected.

The body of nature surrounding us is praiseworthy and dear. It is an invitation to scent, taste, see, smell, touch, experience, worship. Our life is an interconnection of inner and outer world. Both longing and inviting us to be experienced, touched, discovered. In dignity and with a thanking heart. Through the interaction of the inner with the outer, the interaction between you and me, me and that tree, life unfolds. Only in the scope of the person living it. Life is happening for us and is fitted to our needs and learning curves.

Family is a cell, which builds the organism of mankind. Countries and cultures represent different features of it, different organs. None is better or more developed. None is underdeveloped or inferior. Can I call the toe of my foot underdeveloped? Can the heart or brain pretend they are the greatest? Without lungs, or blood, or anything else, they would be worthless. Every part is as it is. Valuable. Important. Meaningful. With a special feature and super power and a purpose. Every single one of us has a purpose. And the flow between the parts, the constant interconnection, open sharing and living form each other’s fruits make the organism thrive. The whole Universe is a living organism. We have a role in it.

Life is a gift. A gift with an expiration date. We decide how to live that life from the beginning till its expiration. We are in that sense our own Creators; co-creators. We are all different; one of it’s kind; on a mission. Life is a gift and everyone has a gift; a very own special super power. This super power helps us express ourselves and be in balance with the world. It is our service to the world. (Lung’s super power and service is breathing and oxygen intake. A lung has no competition.) Being in my strength is being in the middle of that supper power, in a timeless space of flow where I connect deeply with myself and my Creator, fuel up, create and savour the taste of being. There, I have also no competition. I like to think that a great team is a bunch of “mutants” (that is people tapping into the own super power, feeling comfortable with themselves) who complement eachother. I believe that schooling, expectations, education, punishments, misunderstood love (that is conditional love) bended us, poisoned us, confused us, distorted us so that we forgot/ were talked out of that super power.

The span of life is a gift but we can decide how to fill our lives – we are free to pour in dirt, wrath, hatred, disconnection, and madness. And yes, we are free to ask for help and change drastically. We can take the decision to transform our lives any minute, even on the verge of it’s expiration (our death) and we will be plugged in that omnipresent omnipotent stream of love again. Being forgiven.

Forgiveness and blessing of all living creatures are our duty and privilege. Whenever I go for revenge, seizing of a contact or a relationship, I cut myself out of the blissful love flow. I am not able to live a fulfilled and free life because I bounded myself to a regret, to a grudge, to hate… Our relationships are fulfilling when they are open, friendly, cheerful, forgiving, non-judgemental, accepting, loving. Every single one of us is a child. We need kindness and we need to be kind in return and do good. But, in order to do you good, I need to take care of myself  (body, mind and soul) first.

I believe there are countless versions of me. Every day I take a decision and this brings a new twist. The meaning of life is love and life itself. Life strives at its multiplication, wellbeing and blossom. The purpose of life is maybe to experience being an artist and creator, creating our own life using artfully the given settings.

It is impossible to change other people but we can affect them by giving them an example. We can change ourselves and be the example we want to see in the world.  

Money is energy. Through it, one can do more, help more, and reach more. Personal accomplishment is a completion of my being. I like accomplishments and I like money. A good life is full of those blessings.

I don’t know what is good and what is evil … in the long term. I believe things happen for a reason and for me. My mind calls it “bad” I perceive it as “bad” but is that really bad? Can I judge it? I don’t know what is bad. I know what feels bad or good but I don’t know how that is on the long term…

There is a story I like by Les Brown called, “It’s not over till I win”. One day he played with his son. His son lost the game over and over and over again but did not want to quit playing. Les wanted to know why not stop and play some other day. “It’s not over till I win.”, was the little boy’s answer. I feel the power of that sentence. It will not be over till we win. And at the very end, at the expiration date, I want to believe that everyone who chose to stay plugged in the love we are made of, which is part of our nature, will eventually win.

Here I like to think about another story – the life after delivery parable of the twins in the womb…

Conversation in the Womb (from Your Sacred Self by Dr. Wayne Dyer)

In a mother’s womb were two babies. One asked the other: “Do you believe in life after delivery?” The other replied, “Why, of course. There has to be something after delivery. Maybe we are here to prepare ourselves for what we will be later.”
“Nonsense” said the first. “There is no life after delivery. What kind of life would that be?”
The second said, “I don’t know, but there will be more light than here. Maybe we will walk with our legs and eat from our mouths. Maybe we will have other senses that we can’t understand now.”
The first replied, “That is absurd. Walking is impossible. And eating with our mouths? Ridiculous! The umbilical cord supplies nutrition and everything we need. But the umbilical cord is so short. Life after delivery is to be logically excluded.”
The second insisted, “Well I think there is something and maybe it’s different than it is here. Maybe we won’t need this physical cord anymore.”
The first replied, “Nonsense. And moreover if there is life, then why has no one has ever come back from there? Delivery is the end of life, and in the after-delivery there is nothing but darkness and silence and oblivion. It takes us nowhere.”
“Well, I don’t know,” said the second, “but certainly we will meet Mother and she will take care of us.”
The first replied “Mother? You actually believe in Mother? That’s laughable. If Mother exists then where is She now?”
The second said, “She is all around us. We are surrounded by her. We are of Her. It is in Her that we live. Without Her this world would not and could not exist.”
Said the first: “Well I don’t see Her, so it is only logical that She doesn’t exist.”
To which the second replied, “Sometimes, when you’re in silence and you focus and you really listen, you can perceive Her presence, and you can hear Her loving voice, calling down from above.”

Workview

 
Work is something I do out of interest, love, intuition and fun. I do it out of free will. I do it to fulfil my purpose using my … super power. It is my free inner will to perform it. Over and over again. I love it, so, I don’t need rest of it. My work is who I am. It is not a 9 to 5 job. It is not a job at all. It is a calling. My work fits in my life, energizing it, making it meaningful, complete, more happy. And not me fitting in the work. In my perfect work, I don’t exchange lifetime for money. Money flows due to mutual residual income streams I was able to set.

My work is the way I bring more value and more meaning to my life (adding to children and family), combining the own creativity, values and purpose, service to others, making the world healthier, calmer, happier, more inspired, cleaner, more loving. Work is the pursuit of bringing thoughts and ideas from my imagination into the material world. Work is the daily habit of connecting with other people, inspiring them, bringing us all to the next level. It is something fulfilling. It brings my inner world in balance. It develops my inner world through the outer world. It develops the outer world through the inner world. It is a quest to inspire and get inspired. It is my reason to get out of the bed. Work is all of it – daily routine, sport, networking, marketing, storytelling, finances, reading, writing, creativity, relationships, love, service. Work is a meditative process. My flow space. Work makes my faith visible. It is an entirely creative process. It is entrepreneurship and friendship. Connections. It is what makes me whole.

Work means being in balance. Work means expressing myself. Work means helping others thrive. Work is part of my spirituality. Through my work, I creates bridges between me, the others and the society. Work is the doing, the caring, the creating of things, processes, value for us all. It helps me fulfil my dreams and inspirations (travel, meeting others, creating meaningful connections, learning from other cultures).

Money is energy. It is neutral. It is something I feel attracted to and value. I see it as a blessing, which makes stuff go round. Work creates value. Work, done in a “clever” and economical way, creates a money flow.

Work is who I am.

Coherency and Workview-Lifeview Integration

It looks like my workview is an innate part of my lifeview. I had great difficulties getting satisfaction out of my previous assigned, jobs and entitlements. Not surprising at all, I envision work as a deeply personal, spiritual, creative and at the same time financially well paid process. It is not natural to me to strive for a work-life-balance. Natural is to be the work. Day in, day out. Out of a higher purpose and fulfilment. Making the world better through my service. In a space created only for me without direct competition because … the lung does not compete with the finger or the brain.

But what is my super power and how should I use it?

Life drives work, work drives life. My vital energy flows through both.

 



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog