No More False Jogging

I finally went jogging. Today.
Well, I have been jogging for months. Daily. In my head.

What a waste of time! What a fraud! What a waste of potential development of muscle and will power!

My daily jogging in my head, the repetition of the mantra "I want to start jogging" plus the "Oh, I will start tomorrow" did not improve my condition. It only weakened my overall stamina and self-respect. And, my mind cheated me beliebing I was already on the right track. That I was doing some progress because I was so busy jogging. In my head.

I was out of breath today, after running the first 200m. "In my head I run much longer distances.", I thought. I used to be so sure, I could do much better. In my head. But the reality was "I cannot run long distances. Not yet".

After running 200m and then walking 100m and running and walking for about 20min, I realized I did a really good job. Better than the whole months of ... theoretical jogging. In my head. Thinking about it. Reading about others who practice it; reading about its positive sides.

Today I did not cheat to myself. I actually did it. And I promised myself to do it tomorrow.

What a tricking, comfortable mind - it can drug me and let me believe anything. In my head. 



Kommentare

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog